Saturday 31 January 2015

Madhouse Daddy gets in on the Hotter Shoes testing ! (review)


We love Hotter Shoes here at The Madhouse - we've already tried and reviewed several pairs from previous collections including Jewel, Penny and Sugar shoes, Keswick walking boots and some furry Cannes boots that we won in a competition. The amazing thing is, just checking back on those reviews, some of them are from several years ago and I'm still wearing them and they're all still in great nick - I was actually shocked at how old they are! Well, this time, Hotter were looking for a male reviewer so Madhouse Daddy got to sit in the hot(ter) seat !

The model that he received is Defender, described as a multi-tasking lightweight brogue with a distinctive wax finish for a smart or casual look.


They come in two colours - a rich reddish mahogany colour (redwood) and the classic brown (oak) that we received. Time to hand over to Madhouse Daddy to see what he thought !

"When I saw the brown colour on the website, I was a bit dubious about whether they would go with my suit for work but they are actually a more understated deeper brown colour than it appears online. The detail on the front is very classy but they are also casual enough to be worn at the weekends with jeans and jumpers too. I'd never tried a pair of Hotter Shoes before so when I slipped my feet into them and wiggled my toes, I was surprised at how comfy they are. I usually end up with sore feet from blisters and painful rubbed skin when wearing new shoes but these ones felt like they'd already been broken in - I felt like I was walking around in slippers, which, I've been told, is a common reaction, explained by the air cushions that make them ultra-comfortable. I've never really understood what all the fuss was about when women go on about finding the ultimate pair of shoes, thinking that shoes were just a functional item rather then something to get excited about - however, now that I've experienced the Hotter Shoes happy feet experience, I might be a bit more enthusiastic from now on when I need to buy new footwear !"

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : currently £55 (was £85)

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...