Friday 26 June 2015

Kiddylicious Yoghurty Melts review


Kiddylicious recently sent us through some of their Yoghurty Melts to try out. They come in Strawberry or Passion Fruit & Peach flavours and the packaging says that they are suitable for ages 12 months to grown up !


I wasn't at all sure what to expect but it certainly wasn't what came out of the packet - the texture looks really weird ! It's kind of like a drier, crunchier, non chocolate Wispa, full of little bubbles. It crunches satisfyingly when you chew it and fizzes slightly on your tongue then the zingy fruity flavours come through.


I couldn't work out how they got that texture so I went to investigate - it's fruit (strawberry and banana for the strawberry ones and, unsurprisingly, peach and passion fruit for the peach and passion fruit ones !) whizzed up with yoghurt and freeze dried into delicious little melt in the mouth pieces.


They're actually very tasty and surprisingly healthy. The ingredients list is reassuringly short : Apple purée concentrate, Skimmed milk yoghurt (29%), Sugar, Peach purée, Natural tapioca starch, Passion fruit juice concentrate (3%) for the peach & passion fruit ones and Apple purée concentrate, Banana purée, Sugar, Natural tapioca starch, Strawberry purée (4%), Black carrot juice concentrate for the strawberry ones. No hidden nasties (except maybe black carrot juice ?!) and no added preservatives, colours or artificial flavours, salt, wheat or gluten, nuts, seeds or egg. They're suitable for coeliacs and vegetarians.

Each large pack only weighs 26g because they are so light and frothy. A portion is given as 6g - just over a quarter of a pack which is a reasonable amount - and contains just 21 calories, less than 0.5g of fat and 2.7g of sugar, which means that I may have to adopt these as my new favourite guilt-free healthy snack !


I was in the middle of a tidy up when the kids arrived and said they were hungry. I said that I had a new kiddie snack they could try, arranged it all artfully for a photo and before I could get there to take a snap, they were both digging in with glee, making appreciative noises ! I couldn't complain though because as soon as I'd taken the photo, I joined them !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2 for 26g

available at Tesco's and Ocado


Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Family Fever

3 comments:

  1. These sound really interesting! Healthy too! What a bonus x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'll have to check these out - my daughter loves a lot of the Kiddylicious snacks, and she's a big yoghurt fan, so this sounds like a great combo. #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  3. my toddler would love these as she is a huge yoghurt fan x #triedtested

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...