Wednesday 1 January 2014

Princess Whoopies kit review


I told you about a Belbake Raspberry-Vanilla Cupcakes kit that we picked up in Lidl just before the holidays and that Pierre had great fun making (and eating !). Well, far from being left out, Sophie grabbed hold of this Princess Whoopies kit from the same range and told me that she wanted to make it all by herself. Fair enough ! I just supervised and took a few photos.


She whipped up the cake batter in no time using my hand mixer (and had a sneaky taste when she thought I wasn't looking !).


She spooned the mixture on to baking trays lined with baking parchment and I popped them in the oven for ten minutes. Being a perfectionist, she was a bit disappointed that they went slightly flat and misshapen, but I pointed out that the ones on the box were probably either cut out of a larger piece of sponge using a cookie cutter or cooked inside cookie cutters so they kept perfectly round.


Once they'd cooled down, she whipped up the creamy filling and sandwiched them all together .



I think Pierre's face says it all ! They were lovely and Sophie was very proud to have made them all by herself.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Honey-Mustard Glazed Pork

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...