Thursday 6 October 2011

Mrs Crimble's Cranberry Macaroons review


Aah those lovely people at Mrs Crimble's sure know how to pamper us bloggers ! They kindly sent me through not only a packet of their cranberry macaroons to review but even provided a lovely mug to have a refreshing cuppa with them !

Now I did wonder if this was a sign that the macaroons would be a bit dry and need a drink with them - I remember making coconut macaroons in school cookery classes and they often came out so dry that they ended up feeling like sawdust in your mouth ! - but as soon as I took a bite, I was amazed at how moist they are. The coconut texture is there but it's melt-in-the-mouth and ever so slightly chewy, making me think a bit of the texture of Bounty chocolate bars. The cranberry flavour comes through as a fruity, slightly sharp undertone but isn't all that pronounced so I'm not sure if I'd have been able to define which berry it was without reading the label.

The brand new Cranberry Macaroons herald a new look and even a new image for Mrs Crimble's. As they say : "With the new strapline ‘let’s bake love’ Mrs Crimble’s has shrugged off her cardie and is ready to party. The new packaging is brighter, bolder and more contemporary. It captures the pleasure that comes with biting into a Mrs Crimble’s Choc Macaroon or discovering a large chocolate chip buried deep inside a remarkably chocolatey Double Choc Brownie. ‘Our new logo is heart incorporating an oven glove,’ explains head honcho, Jeremy Woods. ‘It symbolises the love that people have for Mrs Crimble’s products.’"

They actually taste so good that you tend to forget that they're gluten and wheat free, which is brilliant news for anyone who needs a free-from diet.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.49 for 6 large macaroons


Other reviews you may be interested in :



4 comments:

  1. I won a Mrs Crimbles hamper over a month ago, and these lovely macaroons were a big hit with my family.
    I used to buy their brand fruit cakes (my fave is ginger cake), but after receieving the hamper and trying new things, I am even a bigger fan of the range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not me? Maybe because I don't have my own blog. They do look good enough for me to go out and buy my own though - won't do my waistline much good :(
    @mumoffunkids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love macaroons, I can see a packet of these coming home with me when I see them in store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macaroons are lovely, I'm sitting having a cuppa now and could really do with one :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...