Halloween is just around the corner and the girls are already planning on what they'll be wearing for going trick or treating and what the best route is to get the biggest haul of sweets ! We always try to make a Jack o' lantern but never do anything more intricate than the basic eyes and mouth so I was very impressed by these designs.
Zippo on hand to get your family together this Halloween
Ghouls, ghosts, tricks and treats! Yep, you guessed it, it’s Halloween and it wouldn’t be complete without a well carved pumpkin brought to life with a candle on your window ledge or doorstep.
Zippo has come up with a basic step-by-step guide to help you and your family carve a perfect frightening face pumpkin, and included a fiendishly stylish Zippo Candle Lighter (RRP: £10.15) which will help you light your candles without burning any fingers!
Things You'll Need:
· Marker pen
· Cut-out stencils (optional)
· Sharp knife/ Spoon
· Zippo Candle Lighter (RRP: £10.15, http://www.zippo.co.uk/ )
· Small tea-light candle
1. Place a pumpkin flat on its bottom, on a flat surface, so the stem is at the top
2. Draw a circle around the stem with a marker (large enough to fit your hand through)
3. Cut around the outline with a long, sharp knife until you cut around the whole of the stem
4. Lift the newly made lid and remove the flesh of the pumpkin with a spoon
5. Rinse the interior clearing out the remaining flesh and tip away the waste
6. Draw your design on the front of the pumpkin with a marker or draw around an already made template
7. Insert the tip of your knife into the lines drawn and begin carving your design
8. Once the carving is complete, you can place a candle inside the pumpkin and light it with the stylish Zippo Candle Lighter (RRP: £10.15)!
Here are some of our favourite designs by artist Ray Villafane! Think you can do better?
Tweet @zippouk with your best pictures!
Zippo Candle Lighter RRP: £10.15
Other blogposts you may be interested in :