Saturday 31 August 2013

Special Edition Blackcurrant Actimel smoothie recipes


I couldn't help but smile when we walked round Tesco's earlier in the week. All I kept hearing was "I'm buying these now but they're for the packed lunches when you go back to school so don't eat them yet" ! Yes, there's no escaping it, the school/work routine is about to kick off again. For us, that means that our breakfasts will be less leisurely affairs and anything that the kids can manage by themselves with little or no help from us will be precious timesavers. Actimel is one of our fridge staples - Pierre and Juliette are never very hungry first thing in the morning but I can usually tempt them with a little bottle of Actimel and a slice of brioche. If I can't, it's small enough to fit in my pocket for the school run.


I was therefore intrigued to hear on twitter that Actimel have just launched a brand new flavour and we all started guessing which fruit it would be. None of us got it right though - it's blackcurrant ! To mark the occasion, Actimel sent us through some of their new bottles, along with a fabulous smoothie maker with some apples and blackcurrants and some ideas for smoothie recipes.


The first idea is to combine the new Actimel with 120g blackcurrants, 1 banana and 1 apple.


The second idea is to combine the blackcurrant Actimel with 50g pineapple, some pineapple juice, 120g blackcurrants and ice cubes.

I'll be trying these out next week after I've picked up my fruit & veg at the farmers' market tomorrow so I'll let you know how we get on. In the meantime, I can tell you that the Madhouse mini testers all loved the new flavour. This led me to go and investigate just how many flavours of Actimel currently exist and I was quite surprised. We invariably buy the Original, Multifruit or Strawberry & Banana ones because they are the ones that the kids first tried and liked, but on the Actimel website, they have a list which also includes Apricot, Blueberry, Coconut, Mango & Passionfruit, Orange, Raspberry, Strawberry and Vanilla. I also didn't realise that there are three fat free flavours available - Original, Raspberry and Strawberry. I'll have to have a closer look at the Actimel aisle next time we go shopping because I had no idea there were so many varieties on offer!

Disclosure : Actimel sent us through some of their new blackcurrant variety, some fruit and a smoothie maker in order to try making Actimel smoothies. Watch this space to see how we get on !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...