Sunday 18 August 2013

Dead Sea Spa Magik Sunsafe SPF50 Sun Cream review


Heading off as a family of five for two weeks in Morocco, we packed six bottles of sun cream and still used it all up. One of the products that I tried for the first time this year was Dead Sea Spa Magik Sunsafe SPF50 sun cream. Each member of the Madhouse Family always ends up picking a different bottle as their favourite and this one was mine.

I loved the texture - it feels silky smooth like a moisturiser, not sticky like some sun creams, and it is absorbed quickly and easily into the skin. You do need to wait for a while before jumping into the pool though, because I could see it turning into a milky liquid that came off my skin easily if I got in too soon. Once it's fully absorbed, it's supposed to be waterproof for eight hours though. Despite the blazing heat and intense sun, it protected my skin perfectly, even when I was in the pool (which I can tell because I got the inevitable small patches of sunburn on the bits of skin that I missed !)

As well as offering concentrated UVA and UVB protection to prevent sunburn, the cream promises to have anti ageing properties and to promote a visibly radiant and youthful complexion (possibly because of the slightly yellowy/golden colour of the cream). It also hydrates your skin so I didn't even feel the need to use an after-sun product, as I usually would. It is packed with skin-friendly Dead Sea minerals so it looks after your skin in more ways than one.

I'll definitely be looking out for this one to pack in my suitcase again next year.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £18 for 150ml




Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. I need to buy a new sun lotion - this might be a good one

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...