Saturday 24 August 2013

Kitchen Nomad Globe-Cooking Recipe #4 : Mix Fruit Chips (Vietnam)


Well, I'm cheating slightly because these ones needed no cooking at all - they were just popped in last month's Vietnam box for us to enjoy so I took them with us to eat in the car on our 8-hour drive down to Brittany. Very nice they were too, the whole family enjoyed them - although I got a bit of a shock when I looked at the calorie content. Madhouse Daddy threw the empty bag away so I can't check but I think it was about 800 calories for the whole bagful !


The Trai Cay Say mix contains four different types of fruit : banana and pineapple, which need no introduction, as well as jackfruit and taro, which are both typical south east Asian fruits that are hard to find in the UK.

I was intrigued and went to investigate online. This is what a jackfruit looks like :


A jackfruit growing on a tree.


An opened jackfruit (images courtesy of wikipedia - find out more about the jackfruit here)

And this is Taro :


There are actually several different varieties of Taro plants - you can find out more about them here.

Disclosure : I received a Kitchen Nomad box in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Kitchen Nomad Globe-Cooking Recipe #3 : Mixed Fruits in Lemongrass Syrup (Vietnam)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...