Thursday 5 March 2015

Globe-cooking recipe : Orange Tart (Portugal)


I have to say, I was really pleased with how well this Orange Tart turned out. I'm not usually one for pretty food - I go for taste over visual appeal - but this one looked as good as it tasted !


The recipe came from my Portuguese-themed Kitchen Trotter box and used a jar of orange and port jam that was in the kit.


Orange Tart

ingredients :

1 pack of ready made shortcrust pastry (or feel free to make your own!)
1/2 jar orange and port jam (or you could use marmalade)
1 orange
200g sugar
25cl liquid crème fraîche
3 eggs
1tbsp cornflour

Preheat the oven to 210°C.


Use the pastry to line a greased pie tin. Cover the base with orange jam. (The original recipe said to use one and a half tablspoons but I used half a jar !)


Wash and finely slice (or I preferred to peel and finely slice) an orange (or two, depending on the size) and lay them all over the jam.


Mix the sugar and cornflour, then break in the eggs and add the cream.


Whisk until smooth.


Pour over the orange slices and don't worry if some or all of them float to the top.


Bake for 20-25 minutes until the custard mixture has set. Leave to cool then put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.

It's a lovely light, refreshing dessert.

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! *** 

Fancy trying some other Portuguese delights? How about Bacalhau a Bras?





Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

3 comments:

  1. im not usually a fan of the set custard tart but I have to say this really does look rather eggceptional!... I think it must be the orange marmalade that does it... i'm now thinking of adding a chocolate sauce too just for fun!... thanks so much for entering this into the simply eggcellent link up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a chocolate orange tart - that's a fabulous idea ! :)

      Delete
  2. How strange, I was looking at a similar recipe the other day and thinking I must try it. This does look tasty and I must have a go

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...