Monday 2 March 2015

Goodlife Cauliflower & Mature Cheddar Sausages with Truffle Oil (review)


When I went freezer-diving last week, I came across this pack of Goodlife Cauliflower & Mature Cheddar Sausages with Truffle Oil. You may remember my recent reviews of some of their other veggie sausages (French Beans & Spinach Sausages with Wensleydale Cheese and Red Sky Tomato & Basil Sausages with Creamy Mozzarella), as well as their Spicy Veg Beanburgers with a Kick of Chipotle Chilli. I wasn't sure what we'd think of these ones - we love cauliflower cheese but would it work as a sausage, and would the flavour of the truffle oil overpower everything else? Well, there was only one way to find out !


I cooked them from frozen in the oven but they can also be grilled or fried. They stayed very pale and  looked quite bland but they are deceptively punchy. I love the texture, which is firm and juicy like a real meaty sausage, and the flavour is really nice - I couldn't actually detect cauliflower much and if I hadn't seen the box, I would have said they were cheese and onion.

I served them with some fried onions and mushrooms and baked beans (posh beans in fact - some Tuscan Beanz, which we prefer because they're less sweet and have more flavour than regular baked beans) which was lovely. If you're trying to have at least one meatless meal a week, this is a simple and family-friendly option. The only slight niggle is that you only get four sausages in the box which isn't enough for a family meal - I'm sure they could have used less packaging too because it's a big box for four sausages.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.69

for more information :  http://goodlife.co.uk/

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. These sound lovely! WIll need to look out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, I'm always looking for new veggie food to try and these sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I find these sausages cant find them anywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look on their website and it looks like the product range has changed. They still have sausages but not these ones, I don't think. They have a facebook page too so you could ask them :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...