Monday 16 March 2015

Madhouse recipe : Soft Cheese and Chorizo Briouates


Looking around the Madhouse kitchen, I spotted a few sheets of filo pastry that needed using up. I've already shared a couple of briouate recipes with you - the original meat and spinach briouates that we discovered in Morocco and my duo of cheesy briouates with one version involving cheese and pineapple and another cheese/ham/leeks. You can use pretty much anything as a filling, whether sweet or savoury, but looking in the fridge, I had the end of my homemade cheese to use up and also some chorizo. A match made in heaven !

Soft Cheese and Chorizo Briouates


ingredients :

4 sheets of filo pastry
a little olive oil (for brushing)
soft cheese
8 slices of chorizo



Dice the chorizo and mix into the soft cheese.


Take a filo sheet and brush with olive oil then fold in half. Place a little pile of filling about halfway across and fold over the left side then the right. Flip over the filo parcel and place on a greased baking sheet.


Brush with a little more oil and pop in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes until the pastry is crispy and golden.


The cheese should be squishy and oozing all around the chorizo. The crispy, flaky filo pastry gives it a lovely contrasting texture.

These could be eaten as a main meal with salad, as a starter or just as a quick but tasty snack.


Fancy having a #KitchenClearout too? Join in with the linkie !

4 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of these Soft Cheese and Chorizo Briouates, I'm going to have to give them a go as my girls would love them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound and look so delicious, I will be trying these with my little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic recipe, you make it look so easy. Thanks for this, I find it hard thinking of different meals, I'll be giving these a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are the simplest things to make !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...