Tuesday 10 March 2015

Introducing the #KitchenClearout linkie !


Every time I'm on holiday, I like to have a bit of a stocktake in my kitchen cupboards and clear out some of the things that have been lurking at the back. There are always jars and boxes and sachets of things that I bought for some vague cookery project that never materialised, not to mention things that have arrived in my Kitchen Trotter globecooking subscription boxes or my Degustaboxes that I never got round to using. 

I blogged about some of the seasoning mixes and other random ingredients that I found in my cupboards last week and lots of people mentioned needing to have a dejunk too, so I decided to start a new linkie, the #KitchenClearout linkie !

The idea is, you have a rummage in your cupboards (or fridge or freezer or spice rack) and find something that's been lurking in there feeling unloved then do something with it. You could link up recipes you've created or meals you've produced or maybe just do a "oh my goodness, look how far past it's sell by date this was !" type of post. I'm hoping some of you will have the same kinds of things as me lurking in your cupboards so you can inspire me with ways of using them up. At the very least, it should inspire some of us kitchen hoarders to have a good clearout ! 

You can link up as many posts as you like, old or new - just add my badge to your blogpost somewhere please and add a link to the monthly linkie post (that's this one for this month).

Don't be shy, show me your Kitchen Clutter and let's have a clearout !


I'll link up a couple of posts from last week to start us off :)









6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I do have some forgotten stuff in the kitchen cupboards and fridge for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all do this on a regular basis but it's so easy to put off and just shove more stuff in the front. I recently had to empty some of my cupboards to have new worktops fitted and this was a great opportunity to see what I'd got and what was really needed, I then altered the shopping list and cut down on even more multiples of stuff I've already got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For us, it's often things that arrived in hampers that we don't usually eat and obviously didn't get round to trying !

      Delete
  3. Yes - as above - inspirational idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! This made me go and look through my own herbs and spices and they were nearly all out of date! I probably haven't been adding any flavour to my dishes for ages so have gone out and replaced them all now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you notice the difference - I'm sure you will !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...