Wednesday 2 September 2015

#KitchenClearout August roundup and September linky


Many of us (including me) were off on our holidays and not cooking much last month, but there was some last minute pre-holiday winding down of the fridge and cupboards, so there's still a lovely slection of #KitchenClearout recipes to share with you this month. As the months go on, I still get a real kick out of seeing what's been lingering in your kitchens and I think we're a very resourceful bunch !


Starting us off was Elaine at Fun As A Gran with her round-up of ways to cut down on food waste - peeling, chopping and freezing carrots before they go mouldy is a great idea and definitely one that I should I adopt !


Jane at Onions and Paper had me at the words cheap and comforting so I love her recipe for Stuffed Jacket Potatoes.


Her Omeletttey Frittataey Thing ticks all the right boxes too ... including a name that makes me smile !


I turned some leftover cooked pasta and barbecued meat into the Ultimate Mac & Cheese - it's all in the mozzarella and crispy breadcrumbs !


My Honey Soy Pork & Veg Fried Rice was another unexpected delight and is great for clearing out the veg box in the fridge.


I finished off with a sweet offering, using up the end of a bag of mini Smarties in these Mini Smarties Oaty Cookies.


Alison at Dragons and Fairy Dust gets bonus points this month for combining #KitchenClearout and globe-cooking with her Hot and Spicy Chicken with Ackee Ratatouille.

Fabulous ! And I can't see what we all come up with this month. Feel free to link up as many posts as you like and if you could add my badge and link people back to this post, that would be fine and dandy ! :)







4 comments:

  1. Wow. All that looks amazing. We do this before we go and do a big shop x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea, we should do this, I am sure we have things lurking at the back of the cupboard that we have forgotten about

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...