Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Art of Smorging with Castello


Did you know that last week was National Smorging Week ? No, neither did I, and I suspect it is a pure of invention of specialty cheese brand Castello,but that's fine by me as it makes for a lovely relaxing, fuss-free Sunday night meal.

Based on the Scandinavian smörgåsbord, Castello have relaxed the rules (which were already pretty relaxed !) and introduced smorging. They explain : "Smorging means you don’t need to save your favourite cheeses for a special occasion or a traditional cheeseboard. Because we don't always want to cook from scratch, smorging allows you to dive into your fridge and store cupboards to pull together a smørgåsbord using essential favourites and leftovers."


They sent us over a mini hamper containing some individual porions of Castello, some crisp bread and an ingredient of my choice to start us off - I went for sun dried tomatoes. A quick rummage through the fridge provided some cured meats, apple wedges, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, olives and a platter of honeydew melon served with Black Forest ham. After this photo was taken, I also pulled a lovely Parmesan & Sundried Tomato Loaf out of the bread machine, shelled some boiled eggs and added some Ritz Crisp & Thin (posh crisps!) for some extra crunch.

Not only was it delicious and satisfying, it also took zero effort and cleared out all the odds and ends from the fridge. That makes it totally smorgasmic in my book !

For more recipe ideas and to learn more about the art of smorging, head over to the Castello website.

Disclosure : I received a mini hamper in order to set my inner smorger free !

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a super idea i LOVE cheeeeese :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love platters like this, ideal starters for a meal or for just chilling out with

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...