Sunday 6 September 2015

Sunday weigh-in : Time to face the music !


Every year, the summer involves a fortnight on holiday (all inclusive, including cocktails, ice creams, local cuisine that just HAS to be sampled and 24 hour buffets) followed by a week at the in-laws' (in Brittany, the land of butter - they even put it on their chips !) then a week at home (catching up on home comforts that we can't find in France) and every year I put back on a stone that takes me pretty much back to where I started. My last weigh in before the summer was 87kg. When I got back home, I jumped on the scales (fully dressed, in the evening, after eating - it's psychological because I know it will be better the next morning !!) and saw 93kg flash up. The next day was 91.9kg.

I gave myself a week's grace and this morning, I was (relatively) pleased to see 90.6kg on the scales so that will be my starting point for picking up again. Could be worse !

My plan of action is about the same as what I was doing before the holidays, tweaked to fit in with my new work timetable :

- make good food choices as far as possible and have a Slimfast for lunch on Monday and Tuesday, my two half days - I might start food-tracking again, if I hit a plateau

- get active : get out and about with the kids on walks and geocaching, weather permitting; try to hit 10,000 steps minimum every day (I was averaging 12,000 before the holidays and have yet to put my Fitbug back on !); pick up the 5km/30 minute wii-fit runs two or three times a week

- start listening to the SlimPod again

- I also have lots of leftover "diet food" (Slimpasta, Extante soups, Slimfast bars ...) cluttering up the cupboard from past reviews/trials, so I may work my way through that when my weightloss needs a boost, but I prefer to focus on eating healthily (lots of fruit and veg, chicken and fish) rather than meal replacements

Positives of the week

- a 3.6kg gain isn't as bad as I was expecting and I'm pleased to see the numbers are already going in the right direction, just from getting back into routine, without making any special effort - long may that last !!

- I'm feeling motivated and also serene. It was great to see everyone on holiday totally rocking the bikini look, whatever their size, and it was reassuring to see that everyone over the age of 30 had the same bulges and wobbles !!

- I have a plan ... and it sounds totally do-able ... so let's just do this !

Current targets 

Last week's target : Enjoy the summer. (DONE !)


This week's targets : Get back on track - get back into the 80's.

Short-term targets 

(1) get back into the 80's
(2) get my "lbs lost" back into double figures
(3)  get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's 
 (4)  get back to 87kg, my pre-holiday weight 
(5) get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
(6) get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
(7) get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
(8) get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 70kg.

START WEIGHT :93.7kg (BMI 34.8)
TARGET WEIGHT : 70kg (BMI 26)
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 87.0kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 90.6kg (BMI 33.7)
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  3.1kg
STILL TO GO : 20.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +3.4kg (for the summer)

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)










get the InLinkz code



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


6 comments:

  1. Well done on getting back on track. Ant said I should start listening to the slimpod again because I did so much better when I was listening to it every night. I'm going to get it back on my phone today and set a reminder to take my phone to bed with me each night.
    You might need to give me a nudge on Twitter or something to remind me to link up on Sundays after my Wednesday weigh ins ;) Good luck for the week ahead :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Slimpod is so easy, I don't know how I got out of the habit of listening to it ! Definitely one to pick up again :)

      Delete
  2. We can totally kick this now summer's out of the way!
    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my days!!! It is so nice to have you back chick! So glad you enjoyed your summer and the weight gain is nothing, you will kick it's butt easily! You sound very positive and food tracking is the easiest way to get back on track to target. Hope you are all well! Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday last week and hope you can join in again this week! Sim xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...