Monday 14 September 2015

Madhouse recipe : Toffee Popcorn Cookies


While standing in line at the checkout at Sainsbury's, I spotted that the September issue of Sainsbury's magazine was on offer, only £1 instead of the usual £1.80. That was enough for it to find its way into my trolley ! As soon as I got home, I flicked through the recipes - and so did the Madhouse kids - and it was decided that we needed to try out their recipe for Toffee Popcorn Cookies. (You can see the recipe online here.)


I just happened to have a pack of microwavable popcorn in the back of the cupboard so I didn't take much persuading !


Just cream together 225g of butter and 250g of sugar.


Beat in an egg.


Mix in 300g flour and half a teaspoon of baking powder. Add 50g of popcorn to the cookie dough.


Dollop onto a greased baking tray.


Push the rest of the popcorn on top.


Find a willing helper to eat the remaining popcorn (this part didn't seem to be a problem !) then bake for 12 minutes at 180°.


Before removing from the tray, drizzle with melted chocolate.


The only hard part was waiting for them to cool down enough to eat !


"Come on Mum, they'll be fine now !"


And they were ! Yum !


As they used up a packet of popcorn that had been lurking at the back of my cupboard, I'm adding these to this month's #KitchenClearout linky.

Link up your recipe of the week

9 comments:

  1. The title of this just jumped out at me!! My 3 favourite things, toffee, popcorn and cookies, pure bliss. They look absolutely delicious.

    Kirsty Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy!!! I might have to try and bake these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of toffee popcorn but like the idea of putting them into cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound amazing would love to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this issue, but haven't spotted the recipe, lol. My guys would love them, being partial to sweet and salty pop corn

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really nice, what a great idea to add popcorn to them, which just adds double wow factor.





    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids would enjoy eating and making these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids would enjoy eating and making these :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...