Thursday 10 September 2015

Madhouse recipe : Turkish-inspired Salmon with Sumac & Pomegranate Molasses


 This meal really doesn't warrant a recipe because it's so simple but it was delicious so I wanted to record it for posterity (and future menu plans !).


I decided to use two ingredients that I frequently came across in Turkey over the summer - the zesty, citrussy spice mix Sumac and some sweet but sour Pomegranate Molasses.


I just sprinkled a generous amount of sumac and a little salt over the salmon fillet then drizzled some pomegranate molasses on top. Half an hour in the oven and it was ready to go.


I served it with leeks and drizzled extra pomegranate molasses on top as I served it. (You often see a bottle of pomegranate molasses on the table in Turkish restaurants, like ketchup.)

Deliciously juicy and the flavours all blended together to create an explosion of tastes with every mouthful !

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***

2 comments:

  1. This looks delish! Great combination of flavours! Haven't tried salmon with molasses before but love the sound of it. In fact I was just looking at the Azerbaijani recipe today for fish cooked in pomegranate sauce which is similar to molasses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...