Monday 2 May 2016

#KitchenClearout recipe : Hoi Sin Chicken and Veg Stir Fry


A few weeks ago, I made Kung Pao Chicken (click through to see the recipe) which was utterly delicious. It used a few spoonfuls of Hoi Sin Sauce but this left me with about three quarters of a tin and no idea what to do with it. I decided to throw it in a stir fry and the result was way better than I expected. This would be great with rice or noodles but, as it was a #KitchenClearout recipe, I used up some cooked spaghetti that was in the fridge which worked OK too.

Hoi Sin Chicken and Veg Stir Fry

ingredients :

drizzle of olive oil
3 chicken breasts
2 onions
2 carrots
1/2 green pepper (red pepper would be great too but I'd run out)
tin of hoi sin sauce


Chop up the chicken and vegetables into thin strips and stir fry in the oil for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked but the veggies are still crunchy.


Pour over the sauce and cook for a couple of minutes until the vegetables and meat are covered in a gooey, caramelised sauce. That's it !


This finished off a tin of hoi sin sauce and also used up some cooked spaghetti so I'm adding it to this month's #KitchenClearout linky.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...