Sunday 3 July 2016

Madhouse diaries : Festipark Extreme Sports Festival


The school holidays haven't even kicked off yet - only two days to go, woohoo ! - but there are already lots of events going on to keep the kids busy. Today was Festipark, an afternoon of activities with an extreme sports theme, including a bag jump, BMX bag jump, climbing wall and skate park.


We had a look at all the big things but the Madhouse kids decided to take part in the tamer activities, starting off with stilts.


There was lots of teamwork going on with Juliette holding up Pierre then Pierre acting as a leaning post to keep his big sister upright while I took a photo !


I'm used to Sophie being taller than me but it will seem very strange when Juliette is towering over me too ! 


Next, Pierre decided he wanted to have a go at the human table-football game


I think this was as much fun to watch as it was to play !


Kick it !!


 The weather was really weird all day. I wasn't sure whether to take coats or sun cream with us when we set out. It ended up coming out lovely with blazing sunshine so when we sat down to eat a Nutella pancake, we took off the jumpers and packed them away in the bag because we were too hot, then had to pull them all straight back out again five minutes later when the sun went behind a cloud !


After watching some people doing double dutch skipping with two ropes (which took me back to my youth !), Juliette and Pierre both decided to have a go on the parkour-inspired track.


This involved lots of jumping and climbing over obstacles. Nothing seemed to faze them !

The festival ended with a series of concerts and Sophie made me laugh because she went down to the concert venue with her friend well in advance to take selfies with the singers - she's turned into an expert celeb hunter after staking out Harry Styles for the last month and finally getting her selfie with him !

Dragons and Fairy Dust

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

10 comments:

  1. You have some great local events going on over there for the summer season. I was particularly taken with human table football. What a genius idea. I've never seen this before but might just have a go here. Looks like the weather swung in your favour in the end and made for a wonderful day out.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids of all ages were queueing up to do the human table football and even some of the parents were joining in ! They had velcro straps to hold their hands in place on the poles but it was slightly dangerous for the younger kids because they got pulled over when someone on the other end moved along. I'm sure you could come up with a better system though :)

      Delete
  2. I think sports fest is a nice idea! Something different and would inspire kids to move with or without equipments! That human table football game is a genius idea! I want to try it! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL There were lots of grown-ups queuing up to join in !

      Delete
  3. I love the range of activities on offer, my children would have loved the human table football #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great way to try out some different activities that we've never have thought of otherwise !

      Delete
  4. This looks like a great event, my teen would have loved this. She is a big fan of nutella pancakes too x #outandabout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever met a teen who isn't a fan of Nutella pancakes !

      Delete
  5. This looks great fun. That human table football is a totally differnt idea. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really cool thing for kids to get involved in, I'd have loved to go to something like this when I was a teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...