Thursday 28 July 2016

Madhouse recipe : BBQ Fried Chicken


I haven't had a deep fat fryer for years, having swapped over to an Actifry that we were sent to review years ago that was permanently adopted. I usually bake or roast chicken thighs but, as I had a few centimetres of vegetable oil in a pan after making prawn crackers, I decided to use it for cooking the chicken for a change. I never manage to recreate fakeaway KFC in the oven so maybe this would help mimic the Colonel's flavour ! As I was in the middle of a #KitchenClearout and was using up my bottles of BBQ sauce, I decided to use that in the coating which was very successful. Still nothing like KFC but very tasty nevertheless !

BBQ Fried Chicken


ingredients :

8 chicken thighs
1/2 a bottle of honey BBQ sauce (or similar)
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
salt, pepper
vegetable oil for frying


Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Pour over the BBQ sauce, salt and pepper and stir to coat evenly. Then throw in the breadcrumbs and toss around until all the chicken pieces are covered.


Heat the oil in the pan and drop a piece of breadcrumb coating in - if it bubbles up, it's hot enough. Put the chicken in and cook for 8 minutes on each side. Pierce with a knife in the deepest part of the meat and check that the juices run clear.


Drain on chicken paper to absorb excess grease. In honour of KFC, we ate this with Actifry chips and coleslaw but it would also be lovely with rice and mango salsa.


This used up a half bottle of BBQ sauce so I'm adding it to this month's #KitchenClearout linky.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, hope everything is good with you. Would love to see this over at Food on Friday. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, visiting family and travelling so all good ! :) I'll come over and link up xx

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy
    I'd serve it with chips and mushy peas being a northerner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...