Saturday 9 July 2016

Madhouse recipe : White chocolate & raspberry loaf cake


As I've been on holiday, I've started a #KitchenClearout in earnest. I've done a stock-take in my cupboards to list all the sauces and sachets that need using up and made a menu plan accordingly. (Click through to have a look - it's very eclectic, who knows what it will all taste like !) I've also gone through the spice rack to see what's almost used up that I can finish off and bin. Finally, I had a good sift through the freezer to see what has been lurking in there for ages, and I came across a tub of frozen raspberries. Raspberries and white chocolate seemed like the obvious combination, so I opted for a white chocolate & raspberry loaf cake. This only used up a quarter of them though so I wonder what I'll do with the rest - a tart? a crumble? smoothies? Time will tell !

White chocolate & raspberry loaf cake


ingredients :

160g margarine
160g sugar
a pinch of salt
3 eggs
1tbsp vanilla extract
160g self-raising flour (or plain flour and 1tsp baking powder)
120g white chocolate, broken into squares then quartered
120g frozen raspberries


Ignore the dark chocolate in the bowl - it has nothing to do with this recipe but I was re-using a bowl that we'd just used to make fridge cake ! (The perfect way to use up cereal that nobody is eating !) Cream together the margarine and sugar.


Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and stir in the salt and vanilla essence. Mix in the flour.


Throw in the chocolate and raspberries and gently fold in.


Pour into a greased loaf tin.


Bake for about 40 minutes until a sharp knife inserted in the middle comes out almost clean.


The fresh raspberries across the top were fresh from our patio !

It's a very moist cake and the tartness of the raspberries perfectly offsets the sweetness of the chocolate.


Adding to my #KitchenClearout linky because it used up a tub of frozen raspberries that have been in the freezer for ages !

Link up your recipe of the week

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious
    You really are doing a grand job of clearing out your cupboards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a roll at the moment - did lots more baking today !

      Delete
  2. Fab, another great recipe, thanks for sharing - definitely on to to-bake list

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...