Wednesday 7 March 2012

Lush Sex Bomb ballistic and Love Bug Knot-Wrap review


There was much oohing and aahing and excited squealing at The Madhouse recently when Lush sent us some of their Valentines-themed goodies to try out. (You may have already seen my Lush Leap Frog Bath Ballistic review too.) I have been a Lush fan for absolutely years so it always makes me smile to see just how excited the Madhouse Mini-testers get when we receive a package from Lush !


We all thought the Love Bug Knot-Wrap was incredibly cute but the girls were keen to see what was hiding inside and excitedly untied it as soon as I'd taken a photo. Nestling inside was a lovely pale blue and mauve ballistic with a rose on top - a quick look online revealed that this was a Sex Bomb ballistic. The kids wanted a bath straight away to use it but as I was about to start on dinner, I said they'd have to wait until later and amazed myself at how simply and neatly I managed to tie the knot-wrap back up so that it look just the way it had when it arrived.

Fast forward a few hours and there was no way I was going to get away with keeping this ballistic for me so I ran them a bath ! The ballistic started fizzing and moving around the bath, turning the water deep pink and making the whole bathroom smell lovely. It was a sweet, flowery but indefinable fragrance so I again turned to the Lush website for illumination.They explain : "This ballistic is packed full of every sensual, relaxing oil we could find. Clary sage, jasmine and ylang ylang, blended into a classic musk base. We then packed it full of soya milk, so you can step out of the bath feeling like Cleopatra. The bicarbonate in this ballistic helps the aphrodisiac oils linger on the skin and keep you smelling great for hours. As a vegetarian company, we can’t use real musk, because you have to kill a whole lot of musk deer to steal their musk oil. So, to find a vegetarian alternative to this cruelty, we turn to a safe synthetic that smells identical."

Oops, aphrodisiac oils for the kids ?! Bad mummy ! They didn't seem to mind though, they just loved having a bath in vibrant pink water ! Although the bathroom was beautifully fragranced, I didn't find the smell lingered on their skin much anyway, although they did have lovely soft skin afterwards, which is probably down to the soya milk.


I have to say, I love the knot-wrap, not just because it's beautiful and funky but also because it's such an eco-friendly alternative to throwaway packaging and gift wrap. It's a great way of making a really pretty present without all the hassle of wrapping too ! (As this was for Valentine's Day, the Love Bug design is no longer available but there are other Knot-Wraps to choose from, including the cute Chick one that I showed you here.)

Once the ballistic has been used, you're free to recycle the knot-wrap as you see fit, either to keep soaps and ballistics in perfect condition until you use them or to wrap up all manner of secret treasures in the kids' bedrooms. On the Lush website, they even suggest that you could use them for wrapping wedding favours, which sounds like a great idea to me - especially if you replace the traditional chocolates for Lush goodies !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £3.10 for Sex Bomb ballistic, Love Bug Knot-Wrap £2.95

for more information : www.lush.co.uk

Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. I love lush and these look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lush!!! There factory is a couple of miles from my house and if the wind is blowing in the right direction, I get some wonderful smells!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...