Saturday 17 March 2012

Weightwatchers Milk Chocolate Digestives review



If you've been following my blogposts about losing weight, you'll know that I've lost over a stone since last October, using a combination of the Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and - for the last month - Jenny Craig. Well, WeightWatchers have been in touch to ask if I'd like to roadtest their programme next and try out some of their products over the coming year, so look out for even more reviews of waistline-friendly products here on my blog !

I think that one of the most important things when trying to lose weight is to not deprive yourself. A little bit of what you fancy won't hurt and if you don't give yourself permission to have a relatively sensible splurge every now and then, you'll end up with humungous cravings that will make you crack and eat an entire family size bar of chocolate instead of just a couple of squares when you first wanted it.

Well, WeightWatchers have another ally for all of us who are trying to shed a few pounds with their guilt-free Milk Chocolate Digestives. Each biscuit has just 51 calories and only 1g of saturated fat (2g fat in total), as well as being free from artificial colourings and flavourings. The only problem is, they're so delicious that they're totally moreish and it's very hard to stop at one ! The kids love them too and say they're exactly the same as "normal" biscuits, and I have to say, I agree with them. They taste totally indulgent and are perfect for satisfying any cravings for "naughty" foods that you may have.

I decided to play detective and try to compare the nutritional information with a leading "non diet" brand, opting for the first one that came to mind. I can therefore tell you that a McVities Chocolate Homewheat Digestive Biscuit contains 86 calories and 4.1g of fat. Even McVities light digestives contain 77 calories per biscuit. That's not a huge difference but as the taste is just as good, it's a good swap, especially if you're planning on eating more than one.

WeightWatchers have tried to help you be reasonable and not eat too many by providing you with a resealable pack (but I've found a much more efficient way of making sure you only eat one - leave the pack on the table when the kids are around !).


They are a bit more expensive, costing £1.59 for a pack of 12, but you do get to polish your halo while you're eating them !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.59 for a pack of 12


Other reviews you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. I love Chocolate Digestives plus I need to lose some weight so these are perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been buying these for a while now and they are one of the few items of 'low fat' food that actually don't taste any different! Me and the kids love them and it is reassuring knowing they are not quite as fattening! We have tried a few low fat version and I must admit - some we have not liked and have left alone! My one let down is butter - I just cannot get used to the taste of low fat spreads or flora on bread or toast etc. BUT if I am cooking or baking I cannot taste the difference! Funny how our taste buds work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to lose some weight so these look perfect for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. These meals look nice. Think I might this diet a try for myself.
    @paulaburnside

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy. I love chocolate biscuits, there are usuallly FAR too many in one pack. But I agree with you sentiments about the kids. Mine do exactly the same!
    @mumoffunkids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...