Thursday 27 September 2012

Bratz Funk 'n' Glow review


With their focus on fashionable clothes and make-up, I often think Bratz appeal to a slightly older tween market so they're not the first dolls I think of buying for 7-year-old Juliette. However, when I saw the two latest additons to the range - Funk 'n' Glow and Chic Mystique (more about that one in a moment) - I knew that they would be absolutely the thing to make her squeal.


Lights please ! Now the photo doesn't do it justice but when you press a button on her tummy (which is a little hard to find the first few times), her dress and tiara start merrily twinkling away. Now, I already thought this was incredibly cool (looking at it from a 7-year-old's perspective, of course ! ) but that's just the beginning. The manufacturers explain : "The new  Bratz™ Funk ‘n’ Glow  dolls (RRP £24.99) know just how to dazzle with their light up party dresses and tiaras, which come to life through 3D glasses to reveal a magical light show. When girls view the dolls through the magical 3D glasses it reveals cool holographic of either dancing hearts, stars, gems, lips or flowers. The flashing lights also have a three way flicker pattern."


Again, I can't show you in a photo so you'll just have to get your hands on one to see for yourself but trust me, little girls will be suitably wowed and find it incredibly magical. It needs batteries (3x AG13) which are included (yay!) so you might want to choose a box from the back of the shelf which hasn't been played with so much the batteries are about to run out.

Each doll comes with a purse, earrings and hair brush, as well as the funky 3D-glasses.
As Cloe, Yasmin, Jade and Meygan all have a different dancing 3D-design on their dress, be warned - your daughters will be begging you to buy the whole set !

If you have a little Bratz fan, don't miss out on my giveaway, coming up in the next post !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £24.99





Disclosure : We received a Bratz Funk 'n' Glow doll in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

6 comments:

  1. I usually steer clear of Bratz but I know my 2 would absolutely love these! I may have to give in and add them to Santa's list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - I always think they're too much into make up and sexy clothes for Juliette but these new ones seem more geared towards younger children :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make a great present for my niece, but I think they are quite pricey! I have entered your giveaway, so maybe I will win one, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look great, my daughter loves dolls, i prefer to buy her bratz then Barbie. will have to have a look at the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. My neice would love one of these for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my 2 girls play dolls all the time day-night i am looking forword to your giveway

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...