Saturday 8 September 2012

Macadamia Natural Oil Haircare review


After a fortnight of chlorine, salt and sun in Tunisia, my hair was in need of some serious TLC so I thought it would be the perfect time to try out the selection of hair care products that I received to review from Macadamia Natural Oil .

Now being a bit of a secret Haagen Dazs fan, the word macadamia instantly has me thinking of their deliciously indulgent vanilla ice cream with lashings of gooey caramel and crunchy macadamia nuts. Subconsciously, I was therefore expecting a sweet, vanilla ice cream type fragrance when I headed for the shower, but I was instead greeted by an equally pleasant green, leafy, springtime fragrance.

The funky travel bag which will be recycled as a washbag contains a wide selection of products :

Macadamia Rejuvenating Shampoo - This gentle shampoo lathered up nicely, left my hair feeling clean after one wash with no need for a second application and didn't strip my hair of its natural oils.

Macadamia Moisturizing Rinse - When I see the word rinse, I think water so I was expecting a very thin, runny, watery liquid to come out of the bottle. What actually emerged was a white cream that looked more like regular conditioner. Not what I was expecting from the name but it did leave my hair feeling lovely and soft and sleek, even after all that salt, sun and chlorine.

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque -Very similar to the Moisturising Rinse but a much thicker cream. I could really feel this nourishing and replenishing my hair and is lovely for a once a week treat when you fancy a bit of special pampering.

The final two treatments haven't been used yet because the other products have already worked so well that I haven't needed the extra boost of the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment and Macadamia Nourishing Leave-in Cream but when I've run out of the Moisturizing Rinse and the Deep Repair Masque, I can't wait to try them out.

The final product was a bit of a surprise. I looked in the bag and saw what what I thought was a pretty ordinary-looking plastic comb. However, on closer inspection, it's a Macadamia Healing Oil Infused Comb. I have to admit, I would never have known this if I hadn't read the label but I'll take their word for it ! It's wide-toothed and absolutely ideal for gently untangling wet hair and combing through conditioner.

The whole range has wowed me, partly for the lovely refreshing fragrance but mainly because it has left my hair in such fabulous condition, looking glossy and feeling smooth, despite all the horrors I inflicted on it with the sun, sea and chlorine on holiday. Even better news, Macadamia Natural Oil products use a blend of macadamia and argan oils and are enriched with active ingredients including Camomile oil and Tea-Tree oil, while being free of Sulfates and Parabens. They're a top-end brand so are quite pricey but I'll definitely be looking out for the rest of the range because they're so lovely.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £29.99

for more information : www.macadamiahair.co.uk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MacadamiaNaturalOil Twitter: @macadamiaoil

Available in salons nationwide

Disclosure : I received a Macadamia Natural Oil Travel Set in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


Betty Hula Shea Butter Moisturising Cream review


4 comments:

  1. these sound fab! I have really flyway hair so I'm wondering if this could be good for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds great, would make a lovely gift for someone

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set sounds lovely...I could do with some products to give my hair some tlc. Also a lovely gift like Sam said. Deffo something I might need to try out...:-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl,

    Thank you for your review. We can't wait to hear your thoughts on our other products!

    Xoxo,
    Macadamia Team

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...