Friday 28 September 2012

WeightWatchers Blueberry Slices review


I only really need one word to write this review - WOW ! I don't know how they manage it but WeightWatchers have come up with an utterly delicious cake that only counts for 2 ProPoints - a ridiculously low 81 calories per slice. As well as being low in calories, it's low in fat - just 0.6g per slice - and contains 11g of sugars which is only a couple of teaspoons.


The sponge is incredibly soft and airy - I wish I could get my cakes this light - and the layer of icing on the top is lovely and sweet so you really feel like you're eating something naughty but nice. 

My only slight criticism is that the picture on the box shows cakes studded with blueberries when in fact there are very few. I ate one slice and gave one to my daughter. In her slice there weren't any at all and in my slice, I had one ! Tastewise, it doesn't matter - the cakes are sweet enough to not need them and delicious enough that I'd buy them without - but I do hate it when companies photoshop their pictures (or stick blueberries all over the cakes maybe ?!) so they don't look the product you actually buy.

These ones don't come in individual wrappers so they're a sweet treat to enjoy at home rather than on the run.

star rating : 4.5/5 (would have been 5/5 if the picture on the box looked like the cake inside !)

RRP : £1.30 for 5 bars (115g)



Disclosure : I have been given a year's membership to Weight Watchers Online and receive monthly hampers of products in return for honest reviews. 

2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious, I love Blueberries and I love cake, so mix them together and it sounds like heaven! It also helps that they are only 2 ProPoints

    ReplyDelete
  2. these sounds nice, very reasonable price too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...