Sunday 30 September 2012

Sunday weigh-in : It started with a tweet!


I almost called this week's weigh-in post "I heart Trevor and Sandra" but I thought it wouldn't make sense to anyone who doesn't use a SlimPod ! So I'll tell you about a few tweets I am really pleased to have exchanged with Sandra from @ThinkingSlimmer during the week.

As most of you know, the SlimPod is a 10-minute mp3 that you listen to that talks to your unconscious (you can even fall asleep when listening to it and it still works) and gets you to make healthy food and exercise choices. Sounds like a load of old rubbish ? Well, yes, that's what I thought too but it really does work ! I do "weird things" like turn my nose up at chocolate and fancy a satsuma instead or eat two bites of a cake and feel stuffed and throw the rest of the slice away or have an uncontrollable urge to play races with the kids at the park.

You have to listen to it for 21 days on the trot, then you just need to do the occasional top-up when you feel the need. Well, I hadn't listened to it for absolutely months but I could still feel those "Trevor-moments" (Trevor is the voice of SlimPod !) when I'd do something and think "oooh that was the SlimPod that made me do that" !

Well, I was chatting to Sandra (who tweets at @ThinkingSlimmer) who asked if I was still listening to the SlimPod and we had this little exchange :


Tiny Klout Flag55cheryl pasquier ‏@cherylp59
 Haven't listened for a few months now but I keep getting "flashbacks" of key phrases when needed, definitely still working
23 Sep
Tiny Klout Flag53Thinking Slimmer ‏@ThinkingSlimmer
 blimey! Listen again for a few weeks and it will accelerate your inch loss Cheryl.x
23 Sep
Tiny Klout Flag55cheryl pasquier ‏@cherylp59
 ooh, you think so ?! Will definitely try that then !! :)
23 Sep
Tiny Klout Flag53Thinking Slimmer ‏@ThinkingSlimmer
 definitely. The messages will come to the forefront of your mind and it'll make a difference!


Well, it looks like she was right ! I started listening to my SlimPod on my mp3 player on the bus to work in the morning every day again - until it died on me on Thursday *sniff*. I was stunned to see that my brand new size 14 jeans have started feeling looser ! (With the SlimPod you often lose inches even if your weight doesn't change - don't ask me how it works !). And today I jumped on the scales to see ... 80.4kg. I've been bouncing around the 81kg mark for ages now, losing a tantalising 200g here and there and never getting into the 80 point somethings so I'm really chuffed. A 600g loss - one pound - not a huge loss but it makes all the difference.

START WEIGHT : 91.4kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 81kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 80.4kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  11kg
STILL TO GO : 14.4kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.6kg

Don't forget to call in on my weight-loss buddies, a huge welcome to the new ones joining us this week for the first time and fingers crossed they all had a good week too :


Jane at 7hippopotamus @7hippopotamus

Laura at Ray Mears Extreme Housewifery @morrighani

Sarah at Life in a Break Down @life_breakdown

 Alison at Dragons & Fairy Dust @ali991

Claire at Ninja Killer Cat @needaphone

MumReinvented at Mum Reinvented @MumReinvented

Michelle at Quest of a Shrinking Lady  @shell1207

Anybody else want to join in with our weekly weigh-in link up ?


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods



Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefited from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


Who said you had to give up cake when watching your weight ?!



Sunday weigh in : Against All Odds !


Sunday weigh in - another babystep forward

23 comments:

  1. Well done, that's great! One lb is a good, healthy weight to lose. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is - I keep telling myself that but it's a bit disheartening when you keep seeing people saying they've lost a stone in a week ! lol

      Delete
  2. Well done :) I'm really pleased for you.

    I know how you feel getting to the next 'category'. For me, I can't wait to get to the next stone down. Each time it happens it gives me a boost!

    Good luck for the week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I had a good look through your blog earlier - great to see your progress so far xx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant Cheryl. I think it would be really interesting to show measurements on your blog too. Because Slimpod is not a diet, you may find you lose inches rather than lbs because body composition changes and measuring size is a more accurate reflection. your jeans feel looser but it may not reflect that so much on the scales! Have a good week. Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, I should. I keep having to pull my (new size 14 !!! lol) jeans up so you could well be right about it. (What do I mean ? Of course you are, you're right about everything else !! ;-) lol )

      Delete
  4. well done cheryl, keep up the hard work. Isn't it great when waistbands become looser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is ... especially when they're SIZE 14 !! (LOL I know I keep saying this but I was size 20 this time last year and it's only just sinking in ! lol)

      Delete
  5. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW you go girl! And goodbye pack of butter.

    Hopefully I can join you soon - I'm still around an 18-20 so hopefully I can say the same around this time next year :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Cheryl, great to hear that your jeans are feeling looser too. Fingers crossed that you have another good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - how was your week ? I'll pop over to your blog later to see if you've posted yours xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - how's playing WeightWatchers going ? :)

      Delete
  8. Crikey, this sounds amazing! I am in the process of weightloss and seem to get stuck at a certain weight and found it hard from that point. I am definitely going on my ipod after writing this (and entering your Bratz competition) to find this app!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an mp3 that you need to buy, not an app - check out @thinkingslimmer (or the website) and you'll find everything you need to know.

      Delete
  9. Sorry! Should have said! Well done Cheryl - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Double what I lost well done! I've never got the slimpod to work for me :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried talking to Sandra on twitter ? She seems to know what makes people tick and is covinced she can make it work for anyone ... even a total sceptic like I was !

      Delete
  12. Wow, that's fantastic! Huge congratulations on your weight loss, well done! I'd never heard of SlimPod until reading this. Something I think I definitely need to give a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...