Monday 17 September 2012

Choices Dairy-Free Choc Buttons review


One of the products that we received in our free-from taster box from Ocado was a packet of choc buttons from Choices. I instantly knew that these would be a big hit because we were lucky enough to receive some of their dairy-free Easter eggs to review earlier in the year.


Here you can see the contents of the 25g bag - plenty for Pierre and Juliette to share between themselves. Described as "a delicious alternative to milk chocolate", the Choices choc is dairy-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, egg-free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Nevertheless it is absolutely delicious and to me, tastes just the same as normal chocolate.


Both of the Madhouse Mini-testers agreed with me ! Each 25g serving contains 141 calories, 11.4g of sugars, 8.7g of fat, 5.4g of saturates and a trace of salt. It is made using cocoa beans, sugar and a blend of rice powder, inulin, coconut oil and flavourings. That may not sound very appealing, as ingredients lists go, but it really is worth a taste, especially if you have a child with food allergies.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : 79p for 25g




Disclosure : I received a selection of goodies from the Ocado Free-From Shop in order to write honest reviews.






6 comments:

  1. and why do they not let the people whis kids have the food allergies test these, your kids will compare them to normal choc, and there is no cpmarriaon, where as mine will compare them to similar on the market

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do - it was a callout via Tots 100 asking for people who had kids with allergies to get involved. I said I'd be happy to do a review even without the allergies, if that was any good. These ones genuinely taste as good as normal chocolate, so it's good to show non-allergy sufferers who may have avoided certain brands that they're worth trying :)

      Delete
    2. my apologies, must have missed that one....

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, I'm following a vegan diet at the moment and I'm really missing milk chocolate, so I'd love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very impressed, I've been following your progress on your blog xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...