Tuesday 29 July 2014

We've been making Elmers ! #Elmer25


As I told you last week, Elmer the Patchwork Elephant is celebrating his 25th birthday and, to mark the occasion, we received a fabulous package of Elmer goodies. Inside the box were some Elmer activity sheets, including some ideas for Elmer-themed crafts. (You can download them here if you want to join in.)


One of them needed nothing more than some paper plates, some glue and some scraps of coloured paper so it was ideal for clearing out the crafts cupboard.


Cut one plate in half to create Elmer's ears and take another for his face then cover the whole lot in squares of coloured paper.


Add a cardboard trunk and you just need to tape or staple the ears and trunk on and add some eyes.


Pierre was very proud of the finished Elmer face.


So we made a whole herd of Elmers !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse Diaries : My Beach Babes !

We Certainly Wood like some more s'mores !


6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Elmer is nearly as old as me. These look awesome, my son loves Elmer so will have to do this one with him, thanks for the idea :) #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!!! I'm not sure if my girls will have the patience, but I think I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! I'm definitely going to do this with my two, especially as child number 2 is really into sticking and gluing at the moment, she can't get enough! #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love these x
    #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great simple idea, lovely simple creation.
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...