Saturday 26 July 2014

Madhouse diaries : Doggie (hair) doos !


Last week, when the temperatures were soaring, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Vicky and Didou, the Madhouse doggies. They have very thick fur and they spent all day long panting and looking uncomfortable.


Sorry for the blurry photo - while Didou (with the black nose in the top photo) was happy to pose, Vicky (with the pink nose) wouldn't stay still !


I got out the parasol and took them outside for a quick bit of sheep dog-shearing - there was enough fur to fill a black bin bag ! They aren't particularly keen on being groomed - they try to lick and bite the shaver ! - but I'm sure they felt better afterwards and at least they've stopped panting all the time.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Fun Facts about our four-legged friends (and their owners !)

3 comments:

  1. oh bless them! They do look much cooler now! Ours need doing soon to be honest, we send them off to the parlour though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to but it cost £70 a time so I decided to invest in clippers and have a go myself. They cost £90 but I soon recouped the cost. It's quite simple really

      Delete
  2. How cute are they? I am sure they are much cooler. I should get some clippers for my dog, hes not as furry though

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...