Sunday 13 July 2014

Sunday weigh-in : Focusing on fun rather than numbers !


I haven't done a weekly weigh-in post for a couple of weeks, not for any particular reason, just because it's the summer so I've been more focused on getting out with the kids and having fun (even in the rain !), but a couple of you have been asking if I'm Ok so I thought I'd jump back in and do another post to reassure you ! For the whole of August I'll be galivanting around in Brittany at the in laws's then visiting my family and finally a fortnight in Turkey so there will be less progress updates over the summer.

Hmm progress - I wish ! The numbers on the scales were not kind this week but I'm not surprised, and I'm hoping it's largely down to "that" time of the month !

Positives of the week

- We've been out walking pretty much every day, despite the rain.

- I've been doing lots of baking with the kids but they've been eating it all !

- The numbers may be going the wrong way but I tried on my summer clothes and they all fit ok.

- I went shopping for some new summer tops in the sales and found loads of things in my size, even when I tried going down a size :)

Current targets 

Last week's target : Lose again - 500g at least but 1kg would be lovely - ang get my ticker back up to double figures and weight left to lose into the 30s (totally failed !)

This week's targets : Right, let's focus on a number - I want to be in the 84 point somethings this time next week.

Short-term targets Get back to the 70-somethings.

Longer-term targets :  Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose"

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 84.8kg (a couple of weeks ago)
WEIGHT TODAY : 85.6kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  8.1kg
STILL TO GO : 17.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +0.8kg



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)






Wobbles Wednesday

You might also like to join in with the #WobblesWednesday link-up over at AutismMumma

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


4 comments:

  1. That's fantastic about being able to wear a smaller size! Enjoy summer, ignore the scales for a bit, focus on small changes, having fun and being able to get out a bit more. I know some people dread going on holiday or see it as a time when over-indulgence is a must but I always find there is more chance to find healthy fresh options plus a lot more activity, I completely envy your trips away!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on being able to fit into your summer clothes - must be a real incentive going down a size too. I am needing to lose weight a) for general health reasons and b) because I have a back problem and can't see the surgeon I need to until I have lost 10 Kgs. Biggest problems I have are that I can barely walk more than a few steps so exercise is not possible (can't even swim because public pools aren't warm enough and the cold water sends my back into spasm), I work 24 hours a week, as well as having 4 children, and I am on various pain medication, including morphine, which leaves me permanently exhausted. I have started hydrotherapy once a week, but can't seem to lose the weight just now. Any tips would be gratefully received!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like absolute mumbo jumbo and I was a total sceptic myself but the SlimPod is really effective. It's an mp3 that you listen to for 10 minutes a day and it speaks to your unconscious, even if you fall asleep, so that you make healthy choices (eating less, etc). Apart from that, keeping a food diary to see if there are things that sneak into your mouth without you noticing, could be a helpful tool (such as the one on myfitnesspal which is free). Good luck, it's a long process and there's no quick fix but it's got to be worth it. xxx

      Delete
  3. Going out walking is fantastic and I really think it's the best exercise you can do, well done for getting out even though it was raining. Enjoy your summer holidays. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...