BritMums have been inviting bloggers to share stories of the small victories that make your morning better and the little things that start your day off with a smile. They've partnered up with BelVita and sent us some of the new belVita Breakfast Crunchy biscuits in three varieties to try, Apricot, Hazelnuts and Choc Chip.
Sophie has been munching her way through most of them. She loves them in the morning when she "hasn't got time" for a proper breakfast (after doing her hair, putting on some mascara, sharing a million One Direction pictures on Facebook and texting her mates that she'll be seeing at the school gates in a few minutes), but they're also a welcome snack when she gets home from school totally ravenous. What is it about becoming a teen that suddenly makes their appetites double ?!
I've been saving myself a few moments every morning by laying out a pack of BelVita along with a satsuma or a banana to eat at the bus stop or on the way to work when I get my bag ready for the next day. It may only save me a few moments but every second counts in the morning and it means spending a few more minutes with the kids before packing them off to school for the day.
So, here are my top ten #MorningWin moments :
(1) Waking up at 6.14am just before the alarm goes off and realising it's the weekend so I can roll back over and go to sleep for a bit longer !
(2) Going to the fridge and finding that nobody has finished the orange juice (for once !) and that the kitchen doesn't look like a bomb's hit it because someone remembered to fill the dishwasher before going to bed.
(3) The kids getting up the first time I call them and in a good mood so I can grab a sneaky couple of minutes snuggled up under the duvet with them before jumping out of bed and getting ready for work.
(4) Looking in the mirror and seeing that I'm having a good hair day and that I'm looking bright eyed and bushy tailed, with no dark circles under my eyes !
(5) Getting to the bus stop just before the first bus arrives, rather than seeing its lights disappearing into the distance and having to wait ten minutes in the rain for the next one
(6) Knowing that all the kids' notes from school are signed, sports kit is ready and washed and everything's by the door ready to go with no frantic last minute searching
(7) Looking out of the window and seeing that it's a beautiful sunny day
(8) The clock radio coming on to wake me up with a song I love
(9) Stepping out of the door just as your daughter's best friend and her mum are walking past so she offers to drop the kids off at the school gate for you
(10) Not getting the slightly nutty/smelly/drunk/abusive person sitting next to me on the bus !
What about you? What gets your day off to a good start?
Disclosure : This post is an entry for #MorningWin Linky Challenge sponsored by belVita Breakfast. Learn more at http://bit.ly/belVitaUK
Other blogposts you may be interested in :