Sunday 19 October 2014

What to do with ... a crateful of fresh figs?


I haven't done one of these blogposts for a while because usually it revolves around summer fruit. I love going to the local market right at the end and buying up the crates of fruit that are on the turn. It appeals to me on two levels - firstly you get an absolute bargain and secondly, it makes me feel good for reducing food waste. It's also a great chance to get creative in the kitchen and find ways of using up whatever I've bought. Well, today I picked up a crate of fresh figs for €5 - some are mouldy, some are squishy and some are in perfect condition, so I'll have to have a sort through.

I've gone googling for inspiration and these recipes appealed to me, but if you have any other ideas, leave me a comment below.













Hmm where to begin ?!

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. They are all too die for! We had baked goods with prosciutto and Stilton the other day, so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have to try them baked with cheese. I should buy some prosciutto to go with the remaining melons too :)

      Delete
  2. We love to eat figs as part of a cheese platter, or in fruit salads. I made a lush fig confiture recently with sweet wine, it was gorgeous. They are fab with roasts too. 5 euros for this big tray is an absolute bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...