Friday 25 September 2015

Globecooking recipe : Frango Churrasco (Brazil)


As soon as I saw this Brazilian-inspired recipe on the BBC Good Food website, I knew I wanted to try it out. It has a lovely zesty, spicy marinade and, even better, only uses things that I already had in my kitchen cupboards. Here's my version but make sure you check out the original too.

 Frango Churrasco

ingredients :

3 chicken breasts
2tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp mild piri-piri sauce
2 tbsp soft brown sugar (I'm still using my Colombian panela)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
to serve : a sprinkle of Brazilian churrasco spices (optional)


Mix all the ingredients except the chicken to form a thick marinade.


Use to coat the chicken on both sides and leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.


Grill or fry in a little olive oil on both sides until cooked all the way through. I sprinkled some Brazilian Churrasco spices over the chicken at the last minute to look pretty, but you could leave them out or use chilli flakes instead.


Serve with rice and mango salsa. (Combine the flesh of one mango, half a red pepper, 1/2 a small onion and a sprinkle of thyme then chill in the fridge for a while.)

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***

Looking for more Brazilian inspiration? How about Beef Churrasco & FarofaChocolate BrigadeirosCoconut Quindim or Moqueca de Peixe ?

Link up your recipe of the week

7 comments:

  1. This is great! Loving the delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great marinade for chicken. All my fave flavours: lemon juice, paprika, garlic... Just lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try this on the bbq too - I bet it's lovely with the extra smokiness

      Delete
  3. oooh loving the marinade and the mango salsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A last taste of summer ... although mangoes seem to be available all year long now !

      Delete
  4. This looks very tasty and I love the mango salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for something tasty ! Just found it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...