Sunday 27 September 2015

Madhouse recipe : Slow-cooker Pork Goulash


My favourite thing about the autumn and winter is getting the slow cooker out. I love coming home from a long day at work to a lovely comforting casserole waiting for us all to tuck in with zero effort. I usually make goulash with beef but I had a pack of pork in the freezer so I used that instead.

Slow-cooker Pork Goulash


ingredients :

800g pork cubes
3 onions
3 carrots
1 red pepper
3 large mushrooms
1tbsp each of smoked paprika, caraway seeds, thyme, oregano
1 beef stock cube (or stock pot)
1 cup water
sprinkle of gravy powder (if needed to thicken)
10cl liquid crème fraîche


As this was going to be slow cooked for several hours, I just put the pork straight in, still frozen, from the freezer.


Throw in all the rest of the ingredients except for the cream and gravy granules, that need to be stirred in just before serving. And that's it ! Cook on low for 6-7 hours (or whatever suits you - I put it on at 8am as I headed off to work and it was still on the "keep warm" mode at 6.30pm when I got home from work and picking up the kids !)



8 comments:

  1. Love goulash, proper comfort food for a cold weather. Haven't cooked it for a while, methinks I need to include it into this week's menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've swapped over to winter food - it's such great comfort food after a long day at work ! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous I wish my husband would eat pork (I have tried disguising it with no luck)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually make it with beef so you could try it with that instead :)

      Delete
  3. I love goulash - must make this soon. Never tried pork goulash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stomach's growling. I love a good cooked meal. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe! I looking for more meals to make in the slow cooker as it saves so much time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great. Slow cooker is so handy and great in winter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...