Tuesday 8 September 2015

#KitchenClearout recipe : Coconut Water Overnight Oats


My kitchen seems to be overrun with individual sachets of porridge - I found some in the cupboard, a couple on the shelf and even one down the back of the microwave. No idea how it got there !


I therefore decided to have a good old #KitchenClearout and use a recipe that I've been meaning to try out for absolutely ages - Overnight Oats, also known as Bircher Muesli.


I emptied several sachets of porridge into a bowl, poured in enough coconut water to cover them then put them in the fridge overnight.


I used a total mish-mash of porridge oats - Original, Maple, Apple Spice with Chia and Gingerbread - but you could add a pinch of cinnamon or ginger to jazz things up if you're using plain oats.


Next morning, I had a creamy bowl of oats, basically like cold porridge, to eat with some of the apple and blackberry compote that I made at the weekend. I don't often eat breakfast so I'll be making a determined effort to keep making more overnight oats so I'll be tempted in the morning !



Adding to this month's #KitchenClearout linkie as it used up so many sachets of porridge !

1 comment:

  1. I've never eaten overnight oats but I'll definitely be giving them a go - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...