Friday 11 September 2015

#KitchenClearout recipe : Very Berry Overnight Oats


I have to say, I'm rather proud of this recipe because it represents the very essence of what #KitchenClearout is all about - making space in the kitchen cupboards and reducing food waste. Juliette has been sneaking into the fridge to taste my concoctions too, which is an even bigger bonus !


Last week, I made some Apple & Blackberry Compote and, when I drained off the excess cooking juice, I decided it was too good to throw away. I put it in a pint glass in the fridge but wasn't really sure what to do with it - it had a beautifully rich, fruity, sweet flavour that was begging for me to do something with it. My first foray into overnight oats was a great success last week (I made overnight oats with coconut water) and gave me the idea of using it in that - which meant using up some more of those porridge sachets that have been taking over the kitchen too !


I emptied four sachets into a bowl and poured over the blackberry juice. A quick glance around the kitchen provided some bananas that were on their last legs so I chopped up a couple and stirred them through.


Into the fridge and that was breakfast sorted for the next few days. And for someone who doesn't usually do breakfast, that's pretty good going !


Fancy having a look to see what's lurking in the back of your larder? Join in with this month's #KitchenClearout linkie !


2 comments:

  1. oooh nice. I still want to try overnight oats, its a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I love the colour of this!

    Kirsty Fox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...