Saturday 12 March 2016

A Trio-p down memory lane ! (review)


Talk about a blast from the past ! I've just reviewed The Children of Green Knowe, which I last watched on TV all the way back in 1984, and I got to fully recreate the whole nostalgic trip down memory lane by tucking into a Trio in front of the telly. The last time I had one of those was about thirty years ago too, but McVitie's have brought them back - for now at least, as they're a limited edition.

I can't stop singing Tri-o, Tri-i-i-o, really loudly every time I have one though, much to the bemusement of the Madhouse kids. I went and hunted out the original advert for Trio circa 1984 on Youtube and it still makes me smile !



Ahh whatever happened to Suzy? There is a bit of a throwback to the loudmouthed singer in the logo on the press release and the loudhailer on the packaging announcing that it's a limited edition (a decision that I hope they'll come back on. Even the Madhouse kids love them, so it's not just fortysomethings trying to rediscover a taste of their childhood who would buy them !)


If you're too young to remember Trios from the first time around, you get, as Suzy sang, "not one, not two, but three things in it" : a crunchy biscuit topped with toffee flavoured cream and covered in milk chocolate. I always used to love them and they still taste just as good today.


 I never went anywhere near the nutritional info on the packaging back in my teens (I wonder if it even existed back then, when nobody talked about superfoods or five-a-day or E-numbers !) so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that each Trio biscuit only provides 124 calories. (It also contains 14g of carbs, of which 9g sugars, and 6.8g of fat, of which 4.5g saturates).


I'll definitely need to stock up on a few packs while they're back on the shelves !

Available in all major supermarkets from March 1st 2016

RRP : £1.29 for a 6pk multipack

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I remember these and was singing the song in my head as I clicked on the post. hehehe I think I will have to find them and introduce my girls to them x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...