Sunday 20 March 2016

Sunday weigh-in : Not Super Mum !


Last week was all about making Pierre feel better. This week was all about catching up at work, which was no mean feat as we're into the two busiest weeks of term. On top of all the normal teacher stuff, over the next two weeks, each class has an after school meeting where we look at the marks and behaviour of each pupil, compare it to last term's and - for the final year students - see if their choice of further studies is compatible with their results. I have seven classes so I have seven meetings.

 For the younger kids, each meeting only takes about an hour. For the older ones, the parents are invited along and we deal with each case individually so it takes about three hours - eeek ! - and I have three of those. On top of that, there are two more inset halfdays - the government has launched a huge reform for education so we have 38 hours of training to add in over the year, all unpaid of course - so I don't even get my Wednesday afternoon off this week. Add in all the marking and school report filling that has carried over from last week when I was off with Pierre and basically, I'm running on fumes.

I thought I was coming down with something yesterday because I went back to bed for an hour in the morning and had a 2-hour nap in the afternoon. This morning I got up and I can feel my lip about to explode with a coldsore, my eye feels like it has a stye and something is hurting inside my nose. All three are in a perfect straight line so it's presumably all linked and I had exactly this same thing at the end of last time, so it's obviously my body's way of telling me to slow down. Last time, my lip looked like I'd gone three rounds with Mike Tyson so that'll be nice next week !

Basically, with all of this, weightloss hasn't even been on my mind. This week is a maintain and I was actually expecting worse. Roll on the holidays - two weeks to go !

Positives of the week

- I made it through the week !

Current targets 

Last week's target :  Get back into routine - Slimfast meal bars/shakes at work for lunch, healthy options at home, listen to the Slimpod and get out for a run (FAILED)


This week's targets : It's another manic week so just cut myself some slack and try to avoid a gain.

Short-term targets 

(1) get back into the 80's
(2) get my "lbs lost" back into double figures
(3)  get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's
 (4)  get back to 87kg, my pre-holiday weight   
(5) get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
(6) get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
(7) get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
(8) get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 70kg.

START WEIGHT :93.7kg (BMI 34.8)
TARGET WEIGHT : 70kg (BMI 26)
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  :  87.8kg (BMI 32.6)
WEIGHT TODAY :  88.6kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  5.1kg
STILL TO GO : 18.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +0kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)













Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods



Hijacked By Twins

8 comments:

  1. Good lord! I'm exhausted just reading about how busy you've been! No wonder you've not been able to focus on weight loss, sometimes life does take over and we just have to accept it. Great that you maintained though & didn't gain, that's good news! Hope you can get back into a routine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fact you made it through the week is an achievement in itself! I cannot believe how many meetings you have, that is crazy! You will need to fuel your body after all that just to stay sane! Hope you are feeling better and the cold sore isn't as bad as you expected it to be by now. Take it easy hun and have a rest! Sim xx #WeightLossWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cold sore is not as hideous as I expected, luckily, but I very rarely get them, so two at exactly the same time of term is definitely a sign ! Oh well, 10 days to the holidays and counting !

      Delete
  3. I know exactly what it's like being a teacher and a mum and it's incredibly hard work so just keep on focusing on getting to those holidays and then you can get your body under control again and have some time to focus on you :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - only one more week to go and Monday is a bank holiday. (Good Friday isn't in France though.) Thursday and Friday are more meetings but then it's the hols - phew ! :)

      Delete
  4. Well done on maintaining it what sounds a touch week.

    It always amazes me how much teachers do, especially when I compare it to the schools in Spain and Malta my two have been to - the teachers are in their cars on their way out of the car park before the kids are even in theirs!

    Hope this week is better for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too when I haven't got meetings because I have to zoom across the other side of town to pick up my own kids !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...