Saturday 9 June 2012

Provamel Orange & Redbush Yogurt review


Last year, I was asked to take part in a cookery challenge for Provamel, knocking up a highly impressive Autumnal Fruits Pavlova and Eton Mess (that you can see, with the recipes, by clicking on the links) using their Apple and Green Tea Yogurt and Lime and Lemon Balm Yogurt. As I mentioned when I first reviewed (here) their Botanical yogurts, which they describe as "a radical fusion of natural herbal remedies muddled with delicious fruits", I wasn't sure I'd like them, firstly because of the weird and wonderful added ingredients and secondly because they are soya yogurts. Nevertheless, I ended up loving them so I was keen to discover their latest addition to the range - Orange & Redbush - when they emailed me about it. Again, I was dubious about the concept on paper - tea in a yogurt ?! - but came to it with an open mind.




Once again, I found the look of the yogurt slightly off-putting. It always looks a bit lumpy, a bit like it's curdled, and the "off-white" colour isn't very appealing either - but I dipped in a spoon to have a taste. Well, I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised once again. It has a lovely natural orange flavour and a barely there redbush flavour which certainly won't put you off if you don't like tea (like me). I initially planned on using this in cooking, as it had been such a successful and versatile ingredient in the cookery challenges, but I enjoyed the light, citrussy flavour so much that I ended up polishing off the whole pot (in several sittings, not in one go !) as it was, with some help from the kids. It's lovely with a sprinkle of crunchy muesli over the top or with a handful of blueberries and strawberries thrown in for a splash of colour.


As a great-tasting low-fat, low-calorie option, it's great for everyone, not just those who are lactose-intolerant.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.55 for 500g

for more information : http://www.provamel.co.uk

Disclosure : I received a pot of Provamel in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


4 comments:

  1. Had review this item too. They are surprising good. Shamed I can't find it at my TESCO extra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ingrediants sounds so unnapealing, good review though i might try it if i saw it on offer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never fancied orange in yoghurt as I feel it curdles, but I agree this was very yummy. I suppose I am use to the colour/texture cos it is all I ever eat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give it a try as I like redbush tea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...