Tuesday 4 October 2016

Globecooking recipe : Kókoskúlur (coconut chocolate & oat truffles) (Iceland)


Before I even start telling you about this traditional Icelandic sweet treat, let me just point out that mine are not authentic at all because, as the first part of their name suggests, they are supposed to be rolled in desiccated coconut. (I've just discovered I've always spelt desiccated wrong - I usually put two s's and one c and it just looks plain wrong any other way !)  The Madhouse kids aren't keen on coconut sprinkled on top of things, although they'll happily eat it as an ingredient in cakes - they like the flavour but not the "squeaky" texture on their teeth ! - so I left it out. They were still very nice though, and a great way of using up some of my stash of porridge oats. (I'm still working my way through a year's supply that I won a while ago !)

Kókoskúlur 

ingredients :

75g butter
50g sugar
120g oats
175g chocolate
2tbsp milk
40g dessicated coconut


Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bain marie.


Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the oats and milk.


Pour in the chocolate.


Give it all a good stir.


Shape into balls with your hands, roll in desiccated coconut if using and leave to chill in the fridge for a few hours.


5 comments:

  1. I suspect I spell the desiccated the wrong way too, will need to go through my posts and change. I love anything coconutty, so these truffles sound yummy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it still looks wrong to me when it's spent the right way !!

      Delete
  2. I have no idea how you would pronounce the name of these, I probably spell dessicated wrong as well, its one of those words. These do look yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...