Sunday 23 October 2016

#MySundayphoto #SundaySnap 23/10/16


I thought you might like a little update on the snails ! You may remember, back at the start of September, Pierre adopted a pet snail.


I thought it would be a short-lived fad and he'd let it go after a week or so but almost two months later, he's still just as fascinated. The first thing he does when he gets home from school is run off to collect his snail jar and every time I'm chopping vegetables, he reminds me to save some peelings for them. You read that right, them ... he's got several now !


Erm, yes, he really is stroking it ... and the worst thing is, the snail actually seems to like it ! Why doesn't he just hide in his shell ?!


Every time we take the dogs out and he sees a new snail, with a different colour or shaped shell, he begs to bring it home to join his friends. I think we're up to six now but that's it, I've said no more !

Sunday SnapOneDad3Girls

18 comments:

  1. Wow that's quite a collection

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind snails but the thought of having six of them slithering over my hands is a bit yuck ! lol

      Delete
  2. The snail whisperer! He's welcome to come down to my allotment and collect some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo ! It's been raining here and bringing them all out - I had to put my foot down and say no more ! lol

      Delete
  3. Not a pet collection I would encourage mine to get lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually been a lot more entertaining and educational that I expected, if I'm honest - I'm still thinking he'll grow out of it eventually though !

      Delete
  4. Aww I love snails. They are fascinating to watch. Someone looks pleased with his collection x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most fascinating thing (in his opinion) is seeing them do orange or green poo depending on what he feeds them !!

      Delete
  5. What a collection, he has there! I have to admit though, I am not the biggest fan of snails, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I tend to agree with you, but I do prefer snails to slugs - which is silly really as they're basically the same !

      Delete
  6. He's more than invited to our garden, we have plenty of "rare" beauties. Bless his kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! Oh bless that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I didn't think the appeal would last this long after he adopted "Gary"

      Delete
  8. Oh my! That is quite a collection!
    You are braver than I am. I don't think I could let snails in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much to do with them - I hand over the carrots and peelings, and clean out the jar but only when he's removed the snails ! lol

      Delete
  9. I had no idea they liked human touch! I've seen photos of those giant ones, but they certainly don't appeal to me as pets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither - but they don't need much input from me luckily !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...