Friday 21 October 2016

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 21/10


This week we're all on holiday - aaaahhhh - so it's time to have a good #KitchenClearout. I've gone for a week of family faves and winter warmers that I don't need complicated recipes for, because I'll undoubtedly be busy with the kids. At the same time as I plan this week's menu, I'm going to sort out next week's (how organised is that ?!) with more complicated recipes from my bookmarked ones, then I can mix and match between the two weeks, depending on how much time and energy I have.

Saturday 

lunch - probably McDonalds as it's a nice way of easing into the weekend and it's turned into a tradition :)

dinner - cauliflower cheese

Sunday

lunch - the Madhouse grandparents are coming over so it'll probably be a couple of roast chickens with all the trimmings - or we might go for raclette for a change

dinner - if we used two chickens for lunch, I'll have the makings of a gorgeous chicken soup with the carcasses and leftover veg- hmmmm I always know why they say chicken soup for the soul after eating this ! If it was raclette, there will be leftover cheesy potatoes

Monday 

lunch - paella, with chorizo, because I always add it, even if it kicked off a big backlash when Jamie Oliver did it !!

dinner - possibly Thai chicken curry if there are still leftovers - otherwise spaghetti bolognese

Tuesday 

lunch - beef tagine with couscous

dinner - tuna napolitana

Wednesday 

lunch - fajitas

dinner - lasagne

Thursday 

lunch - chilli con carne with rice

dinner - cheesy fishfinger & leek pie

Friday 

lunch - Moroccan chicken with stewed courgettes, tomatoes, onions & carrots

dinner - cauliflower soup - I wasn't at all keen when I saw this on the menu at the school canteen (called Du Barry soup) but it was lovely - I need to see if this is the same recipe as cauliflower cheese soup, or maybe combine the two

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the #MealplanMonday bloghop :



7 comments:

  1. Wednesday would be my favourite in your house - Fajitas and Lasagne!!!! Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the sound of the fish finger and leek pie, sounds like something my boys would love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the recipe ; http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2016/10/madhouse-recipe-cheesy-fish-finger-and-leek-pie.html

      Delete
  3. Oooh the beef tagine sounds delicious. Hope you're having a good week x #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in the cauliflower soup, I might have to go for a google!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just posted the recipe : http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2016/10/madhouse-recipe-creamy-cauliflower-soup.html

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, so MANY of these sound so good! Especially that fish finger pie. And the paella. And fajitas/lasagne (two of my favourite things). So hungry now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...