Monday 24 December 2012

CB12 mouth rinse review


When I was approached recently to see if I'd like to try out CB12 mouth rinse, I thought sure, why not, even if I haven't got bad breath. Or have I ? The brand have carried out some interesting research and one of the findings is that while 71% of us would want someone to tell us if we have bad breath, only a third of us would actually tell someone else if they had bad breath. Hmmm what's that thing about licking your wrist then smelling it to see if it pongs ? Does that really work ?!

CB12 claims to be a new unique mouth rinse that counteracts bad breath, ensuring safe breath for 12 hours. Sounds great but, to be perfectly honest, I haven't seen a single brand of mouth wash or breath freshener that doesn't make exactly the same claims ! What makes CB12 so different?

Well, the science behind it does sound quite impressive actually. They explain : "CB12 neutralises substances and processes that cause bad breath by combatting all three parts of volatile sulphur compounds (VSCs) gases that cause bad breath instead of simply masking it for a short period of time. The unique combination of zinc and chlorhexidine eliminate the “VSCs” from exhaled air and thus also bad breath. CB12 also contains fluoride. The mouth rinse was developed, evaluated and documented using a gas chromatograph (a specially developed instrument capable of detecting sulphurous gases), of which only a few exist worldwide. Studies have proved that CB12 is effective for at least 12 hours and its technology was superior against 18 different competitor products in eliminating the toxic VSC gases that cause bad breath." It would definitely work better than chewing gum, mints or cheap and cheerful mouthwash then.

So on to the tasting and testing. CB12 (I have to say I really don't like the name - I keep thinking of C3PO and it's not very memorable, I have to keep checking I'm typing it right as I write the review !) comes in two flavours - Mint/Menthol and Mild. I found the Mint/Menthol one too strong so I preferred the Mild one, but that's down to personal choice. A 250ml bottle contains 25 x 10ml measured, single dose treatments and as it costs £14.59 for a bottle, it's considerably more expensive than many rival brands. But does it live up to the 12 hour freshness claims? I decided to give it a really tough test and use it at bedtime to see if it could combat early morning breath ! Well, I have to say, I was impressed. It certainly does work better than any of the other brands I've tried in the past so if you do worry about the freshness of yor breath, it could be a good investment.

The brand have also worked on a video about bad breath with Dr James Russell from Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies which you can see below.



star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £14.59 for 250ml

for more information : http://www.cb12.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received two bottles of CB12 in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


3 comments:

  1. Wow it is quite expensive for what it does, plus now I keep thinking of C3PO aswell, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking how bad breath can make people run away from you !! any price is worth f it works to get rid of it..
    I tried this product and it really works..can,t find it in my country Imight consider importing it for local market :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive used cb12 for 5 days now and haven't noticed any change in my breath i still have a horrible taste in my mouth and still have really bad morning breath.what a waste of my hard earned money.










    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...