Monday 10 December 2012

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #25 Hiding unsightly cables


Today I decided to try out one of the products from the VELCRO® hamper that I haven't used yet - the Adhesive Backed Cable Wrap. It is a long strip of VELCRO® that folds in on itself, designed for wrapping around several cables to hold them all together, and can then be stuck to the wall to keep them out of the way.


I had the perfect area down the side of the TV for trying this on. This is one of the areas in the bedroom that really annoys me ! There's the TV plug, the DVD player plug, the phone plug, the TV cable and goodness knows what else birds-nesting all over the floor.


I still need to sort out the bit at the bottom but the strip I used gives you a good idea of how much smarter it looks once the cables have all been encased in the VELCRO® strip. I didn't remove the backing strip to stick it on the side of the chest of drawers but that would also be a handy way of keeping it out of the way, maybe tucked around the back of the unit. I'd need a couple more boxes to really tidy it up properly but I was impressed with the results.




Disclosure : I received a hamper of VELCRO® products in order to take part in the VELCRO® #101uses challenge.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #23 Is that a parrot on your shoulder?!

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #22 Keeping my side of the quilt !

2 comments:

  1. I never realised there were so many uses for velcro! Another thing to keep in my store cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ca j'ai déjà testé, c'est super !

    (beddie)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...