Wednesday 16 October 2013

October's Kitchen Nomad box : Mexico


There was a bit of unexpected excitement yesterday when the postie dropped off this month's Kitchen Nomad box. It was slightly earlier in the month than usual so I hadn't been expecting it ! I couldn't wait to discover this month's culinary destination which turned out to be ... Mexico !


I always love the first peek at what's nestling inside, trying to guess what the recipes will be and what we'll think of them. I often have a few "what on earth am I suposed to do with that?" moments as I unpack the box too !



So what's in the box this month? Anchos chillies, Mexican oregano, Masa Harina for Tortillas (that's flour for making tortillas - oooh exciting !), black beans, bay leaves, Jalapenos chillies, chilli de Arbol, chipotle sauce, pumpkin seeds and chilli honey.


So, on to the all important recipes. I spy Stuffed Chillis, Soft-Baked Feta, Black Bean Soup, Chilli Honey Crumble, Rajas Tacos and Autumn Stew. 

When I saw the country was Mexico, I thought that I knew Mexican cuisine quite well. We frequently eat chilli con carne, fajitas, enchiladas, tacos ... I get a feeling that this month's box will open our eyes to some of the less well-known aspects of Mexican cuisine though. I also must admit to relying heavily on packets and jars to recreate Mexican flavours so it will be interesting to work from scratch. Watch this space to find out how I get on !

Disclosure : I received a discounted Kitchen Nomad subscription in order to keep you up to date with their latest boxes.

3 comments:

  1. i might give these a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea I love Mexican food too. Looking forward to an update of what you created

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mexican food, spent a lot of time there while I was learning Spanish :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...