Sunday 13 October 2013

Limited Edition Halloween Pom Bear review


Just in time for Halloween, Pom Bear have brought back their Limited Edition Pickled Onion flavour snack, featuring a special vampiric (but still very cute) Pom Bear on the packaging !


The snacks have kept their iconic teddy bear shape - I was wondering if they'd have gone ghost-shaped in honour of Halloween, but I suppose they just wouldn't be Pom Bear if they weren't bear-shaped - and have adopted a pickled onion flavour. Pickled onion flavour crisps instantly make me think of the Monster Munch ones that I used to eat in my youth, but the Pom Bear ones have a much less acidic, more subtle flavour. 


I was very impressed to see that each 19g pack contains under a hundred calories : 96 calories, 0.4g of sugars, 5.1g of fat of which 0.5g saturates and 0.3g of salt. That makes them a pretty guilt-free snack for adults watching their waistline, as well as kids. They're also gluten-free and suitable for vegetarians.


The Halloween Pom Bears also have an on-pack promotion. A ghostly code will be hidden on the packs with opportunities for those who find and scan it to win a selection of great prizes, while also receiving hints and tips from the brand's Facebook page.

Speaking of prizes, I'll be back in a second with a fab Pom Bear Halloween giveaway right here on my blog too.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.39 for 6 x 19g

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Kids' DVD review : Daddy, I'm A Zombie !

9 comments:

  1. These have been released for Halloween for the last few years, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you enter the giveaway ! It's live now xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh these look lovely! I absolutely adore picked onion, I must find these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some of these too - the kids love pickled onion though I am not so keen - leaves too much of a taste in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pickled onion... a truly horrifying flavour! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has anyone tried the Packlinc app to find the Ghostly code?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but I don't know about everyone else !

      Delete
    2. You can download the Packlinc app free from either the App store of Google play. Would be great to gets some feedback.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...