Friday 18 October 2013

What's Cooking at The Madhouse next week? menu plan 18/10/13


Hooray, hooray, it's a holi-holiday. (Well, it will be as of tomorrow anyway !) So I'll need to come up with a double-whammy of a menu plan, thinking up lunches as well as evening meals. Luckily I have a brand new recipe book for inspiration - the DK Family Kitchen Cookbook which has over 700 recipes (and which I'll be reviewing very soon.) Most of this week's recipes (all the ones highlighted in pink) come from here so it'll be great to try them all out.

Saturday


lunch - Traditional Dunkerque dish Potjevleesch, salad & chips for the grown-ups, Cheese Croquettes, cherry tomatoes & chips for the kids (Time to drag out the Actifry - I haven't used it for ages !)

dinner -  homemade vegetable soup with freshly made ciabatta (I'll do the bread, Madhouse Daddy can do the soup). Or I might try to tempt him to try a new soup recipe from the book.

Sunday

lunch - traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings

dinner - a sandwich, cheese on toast or a bowl of porridge

Monday  

lunch - something involving wraps - we're on a Lunch Less Ordinary mission with Mission Deli Wraps !

dinner - Homemade Mac and Cheese

Tuesday




lunch - Saigon Summer Rolls - I still have enough ingredients left over from my Vietnam Kitchen Nomad box and the kids had great fun making (and eating) these last time

dinner - Cheesy Potato-Topped Tuna Pie

Wednesday

lunch -  Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Spaghetti

dinner - Spicy Lamb & Feta Meatballs with Couscous & Ratatouille

Thursday

lunch - Pork Schnitzel with Creamy Mustard Sauce, Root Mash & Peas

dinner -  Huevos Rancheros (Mexican Ranch Style Eggs)

Friday

lunch - Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake)

dinner - Easy General Tso's Chicken with Rice & Broccoli

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. Ohh wow! Everything sounds fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow there are some fab ideas. I have some rice wrap pancakes so you are prompting me into action - I had to do some research as first experiment with no clue I made what we called optimistically 'splodges'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...