Wednesday 30 October 2013

Stretch your pennies with Tesco Clubcard's Christmas Boost campaign


I don't want to worry you but it's just 55 days until jolly old St Nick comes ho-ho-ho-ing down your chimney. While the kids are getting excited, you might be looking at your dwindling bank balance in dismay, thinking about all those presents, festive nibbles and bottles of plonk that you still need to buy. Luckily, Tesco are ready to give you a helping hand to make the budget stretch further by launching their Christmas Clubcard Boost campaign.


Basically, they'll double up the value of your Clubcard points either instore or online at tesco.com/clubcard/boost. You can exchange every £5 of your Clubcard vouchers into £10 of Boost tokens to spend at Tesco in selected departments. Exchange your vouchers until 20th Dec 2013 and use them by 31st Dec 2013 for the perfect gift or to get ready for the big day. The scheme works in ten departments : Hudl Tablet & Hudl Accessories, Clothing, Electricals, Baby & Toddler, Opticians, Phones & Accessories, Toys & Bikes, Skincare, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Finest Wine and Finest Champagne and Furniture, Home, Cook & Dine.

I decided to create a Clubcard Boost wish list, choosing products from the Boost categories on the Tesco website to see what I could spend my vouchers on and how much of my Christmas shopping I could do using the scheme.



The obvious place to start is the Toys department. I know Juliette would be absolutely over the moon to receive something from the Monster High range. This Monster High Ghouls Rule Draculaura Doll looks absolutely gorgeous. There's already 25% off selected Monster High products so the doll is on sale for £17.22, reduced from £22.97. Add in the Clubcard Boost and you're laughing all the way to the checkout.


For almost-teen Sophie, I could have stayed on the doll theme actually, having spotted that they have a gasp-inducing (if you're a fan !) collection of One Direction dolls ! However, I decided she would prefer this 1D inflatable floor cushion. It only costs £10 to begin with, so add in the Clubcard Boost and it's an absolute bargain.


Hmm what about Pierre? Well, now that our patio is all finished, I think he'd love a play house. We've been half-heartedly looking around but they're quite expensive so we're still unsure. Tesco have this little beauty - the Keter Holiday Playhouse - for £50, so by the time you've boosted your Clubcard vouchers, you could pick one up for £25. That's well within our Christmas budget.


Madhouse Daddy is always hard to buy for, but he likes gadgets and I think he could spend some quality time with Sophie, looking out for the different constellations in the sky, if I bought him this Discovery 50 MM Astronomical Telescope. It costs £30 so it's a steal with doubled-up Clubcard vouchers.



And for me? Oooh how about this rather fab state-of-the-art HoMedics Shiatsu Massager that would give me some much-needed me-time when I come home tired out from work and still have to get dinner on the table and supervise homework? I could never usually justify the £60 price tag but the Clubcard Christmas Boost would bring it well within our budget.


And finally, as a general gift for the whole family/house, I love the look of this Slob Chair - brilliant name ! Sophie has been wanting a bean bag for a while but this looks more comfortable and supportive. It has a £48.75 price tag but you know the drill by now - once it's Clubcard Boosted, it's a bargain.

I was actually really impressed with the number of items included in the scheme so it's definitely well worth a look when you start Christmas shopping.

Disclosure : Tesco kindly offered to send me one of the items on my Boost Wish List, in return for sharing it online with you.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the heads up on this Cheryl! I will be popping over to my local Tesco later this week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...