Wednesday 30 April 2014

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Ritz and Lu review


When I spotted an email from Cadbury, asking me if I'd like to do a review for them, I immediately hit reply to say yes please. Free chocolate - what's not to like?! Then I had a closer look at the product they wanted me to try - Dairy Milk with Lu and Ritz Crackers. Dairy Milk with Ritz Crackers ?! I like both but together? Would it work ?


Well, when they arrived, I started with the safe option and tucked into the Dairy Milk with Lu Sweet Biscuits bar. The bar breaks into four squares and each square has two biscuits stuck on either side of a thick layer of chocolate. Unsurprisingly, these were very tasty and the little biscuits are great for mess-free handholds, so you don't end up getting covered in chocolate !


Time to move on to the Dairy Milk with Ritz Crackers. Well, they're not bad but I didn't like them as much as the Lu ones. The sweet/salty flavour combination seems to be big news at the moment though, whether for chocolate, popcorn or numerous other foodie products, so if you're a fan, you'll love them.

Each 35g bar contains 180 calories (183 for Ritz) which is quite a lot for the size of the bar. The Ritz bar contains 10g of fat, of which 6g saturates and 17g of sugar. The Lu bar is very slightly better, with 9.3g of fat, of which 5.5g saturates, and 16.5g of sugar.

If you fancy something a bit different and can't decide whether you want chocolate or biscuits as a snack, these would tick all the right boxes !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : 58p for 35g (also available in three bar multipacks RRP £1.49)

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Soreen Chocolate Mega Loaf review

8 comments:

  1. The Ritz ones are lovely! I bought them when they were on offer at Morrison's for £1 a pack - I do think they are pricy at their original cost though. Tasty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all single bars of chocolate are expensive these days, I always go for multipacks

      Delete
  2. Steering well clear of these, you should never mix anything with Dairy Milk ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Marvellous Creations ones are nice, but a bit mad !

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I wasn't keen on the Ritz ones but the kids loved them and asked to buy them again !

      Delete
  4. Is it bad I didn't know any of these products existed? But thank you for letting me know, I'm off to buy some x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No, I didn't either until they sent some through !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...